I don't know why I feel I must specify this veggie salad is "cold," but that does seem to be a key part of it. Maybe it's July setting in! Cold Radish-Feta Salad could be a great side for Independence Day or any summer do. Happy July!
This recipe was inspired by someone else's contribution to a work potluck. Hers had grape tomatoes in it and probably other things. I fell in love with the chunky dice, the radish crunch, and the FETA-ness of the whole thing. Here's my version.
- 10 radishes (or so), large dice
- 1 cucumber, large dice
- 1/2 kohlrabi, medium dice
- 2 ounces of feta cheese (somewhat less than a deck of cards in size)
- your favorite dressing (I made my go-to vinaigrette*)
- salt to taste (remembering that feta is super-salty)
|I have been craving radishes this week. Is that weird?|
|Add cucumber pieces to radish pieces.|
|This is chopped kohlrabi, which we think tastes a little of radish, a little of apples.|
|Feta crumbled everywhere!|
|I drizzled on several tablespoons of vinaigrette, closed the container, and gave everything a shake. |
To make this properly COLD, stick in the fridge for a few hours before serving.
|A chilly respite on a summer's day. |
I was stunned when my 2 children ate this as part of dinner with no question. They liked it!
|Does that other side salad look tasty too? It's my Perfect Coleslaw! |
Also eaten with pleasure by my children. Amazing.
* My go-to vinaigrette is: 1 crushed garlic clove, 1/4 cup red wine vinegar, 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon of dijon mustard, and a very generous shake of Jane's Krazy Mixed-Up Salt. Shake vigorously and you're done.
What summer side salads do you like?